VVR is located in a remote section of the Sierra National Forest, accessible from the West side of the Sierra Nevada out of the Fresno, CA area.
Note: The final few miles of road are single-lane with turnouts. Please be sensitive to oncoming traffic. Thanks!
Is there cell service at VVR?
AT&T is the only cell service that works in the area. However, there is no reception at the resort or the adjacent campground. You can get service on the lake, at the dam, and at the headwaters to Mono Creek.
Does VVR have Wi-fi internet?
Paid wi-fi internet access is available at VVR. Because we are on a satellite system and bandwidth is limited, please refrain from using streaming apps.
Are Dogs Allowed at VVR?
Dogs are always welcome at VVR. Because at any given time we could have 10 dogs running around at the campground, we ask that you follow these simple rules:
- While all dogs bark at times, we will NOT tolerate dogs that bark or whimper constantly.
- Vicious dogs, or dogs that are not good with children or people in general, should be left home.
- VVR is a wilderness resort, and therefore, wildlife is in abundance here. If your dog is prone to "making friends" with coyotes, mountain lions, or bears, PLEASE leave them at home.
- No dogs are allowed on our beds.
- You MUST clean up after your dog.
- If you have small children, please supervise them around the dogs in camp.
If you are uncertain whether your dog can behave at VVR, we suggest that you leave them at home. If you absolutely must bring your dog, please purchase a humane muzzle to use during your stay.
Properly supervised, dogs add a level of enjoyment to everyone's stay at VVR. There's no shortage of affection for animals here; most hikers have animals at home and are missing them terribly when they arrive at VVR. Your dogs will be adored, but ONLY if they behave themselves!
Our Dog Fee for overnight guests is $35.00 (ea. dog), this is a one time charge, not a nightly charge.
We hire energetic and friendly people to fill the following positions:
- Wait staff
- Short order cook
- Outside help
- Boat rentals
- Dishwashing/kitchen help
Employees receive room and board as a part of their compensation package.